Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Location: Paris (or remote within France)
Works with: Product Managers, Product Engineering Team Leaders, Developers, Pre/Post Sales Engineers
Reports to: CTO/VP of Engineering.
Quarkslab is a French company specializing in information security R&D, consulting and software development. Our expertise is in combining offensive and defensive security to help organizations adopt a new security posture: Force the attackers, not the defender, to adapt constantly. Through our consulting services as well as our software we provide tailored solutions to organizations, helping them to protect their assets, sensitive data, and users against increasingly sophisticated attacks.
Where you can help us:
At Quarkslab we build software products that our customers deploy on-premises on networks with strict security requirements, and that our partners use to provide managed services to enterprise customers worldwide. Our software development teams are growing in size, and our products are growing in scope, features and complexity.
Consequently, we want to make sure that our products continue to meet the quality requirements and expectations from an also growing number of customers. But that is not enough, we want the quality of our products to always improve, and to make sure that we are building them in the best possible way to achieve that goal.
Your day to day work:
In your role at Quarkslab you will:
- Interact with Quarkslab's product managers, software developers and pre/post sales engineers to define the quality properties that our products should have. Discuss, agree on and document the quality assurance requirements of our products.
- Interact with our pre/post sales engineers, customers and product managers to define User Acceptance Testing procedures and methodologies and to make sure that our products achieve them.
- Design our software testing strategy and our product test plans, make sure they are implemented, review results, propose and adopt improvements on a regular basis.
- Define, collect, analyze, and present software quality metrics of our software.
- Participate in the definition of our software engineering processes and methodologies.
- Collect, analyze, and present key performance indicators about our product development organization.
- Promote and foster adoption of engineering and management practices aimed at continuously improving the quality of our products and processes.
- Seek and encourage others to help the Quarkslab's community improve through technical excellence, pro-active customer engagement, and systematic analysis of factual data.
Who you are:
The skills or knowledge we think you should have:
- Fluency with software development toolchains and use of CI/CD infrastructure.
- Using software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- A systematic and scientifically rigorous approach to problem-solving, with attention to details.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with a small to mid-sized engineering team.
- Ability to identify and document "tribal knowledge".
- Ability and interest in sharing knowledge, technical leadership, and mentorship.
Why work at Qb?
- Work with an amazing team, eager to learn and play with new approach and technologies, mixing various skills (security, compilation, backend, ...)
- Attend conferences in your field, learn from many internal events (weekly conference, trainings, …)
- Contribute and support open source tools, others and ours
- Premium health insurance
- International environment with offices in Paris and Buenos Aires (team croissants vs. team asador), representations in Tokyo and Singapore
1. Call with our talent acquisition manager
2. Short talk with the appropriate C-level(s)
2. Play with a small challenge
3. Welcome at Qb's office (half day interview)
5. HR debrief and (hopefully) job offer